Overview: This course is designed as an introduction to the world of digital advertising. In it we'll cover all the different types of digital ad unit, advertising partners, process, buying and more. It is perfect for anyone who is interested in advertising their business online, looking for a job in digital media planning, wondering how major brands decide to place an ad online, a student focusing on marketing and advertising, or those who are generally interested in how the ads you see online are created and served to you.
- Intro: What is digital advertising? (Banner ads, video ads, social media, audio, rich media, takeovers, the IAB, etc.)
- The Digital Ecosystem: What are the different types of digital advertising vendors? (Publishers, exchange, network, DSP, etc.)
- Buying the Ads: What are the different types of buying models and the advantages of each? (CPM, CPC, GRPs, etc)
- Ad Targeting: How does targeting work and how is the data collected? Why does one person get an ad and not another? (Cookie data, PII, registration data, IP address, DMPs)
- Ad Serving: How is the ad actually served to a user? (Ad servers, their purpose and how they function)
- Reporting: What do advertisers look for and what do they measure? (Setting KPIs and pulling/formatting reports)